- Original, new, and significant scientific work only
- Work presented at local, state and regional COT competitions ARE eligible
- The work MUST not have been presented at ANY other meeting: local, state, regional, or national
- The work cannot be presented at the Resident Competition at the American College of Surgeons in October 2019
- The submitted abstract should not be similar to any work submitted to any other organization or journal
- Any content that has been made publicly available in print or online, if part of a submitted abstract, may jeopardize the originality of the submission and preclude consideration by theAAST.
- If selected for an oral presentation for the AAST Annual Meeting, all presenters MUST submit a manuscript to the Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery prior to the AAST meeting by Friday, August 30th. Failure to do so may include sanctions of not presenting at the meeting or the presenting author, senior author, or institution not presenting at an AAST Annual Meeting for the next two years
- All manuscripts must be submitted to the discussant by the deadline set by the Program Chair (August 30th).
- The first author is considered the presenting author, if the first author is not the presenting author, you must notify the AAST at the time of acceptance.
- All selected abstracts become the property of AAST and once you submit, you acknowledge that accepted abstracts will be published on the AAST website for the duration of the meeting and archived for at least 10 years on the AAST website.
- If an abstract DOES NOT include an AAST member as an author, a sponsor is required. If the submitter does not have a sponsor, contact the AAST prior to finalization of the abstract so a sponsor may be secured.
- All presenters are required to register for the Annual Meeting.
- The corresponding author receives all communication on the acceptance of an abstract, BUT the corresponding author is NOT listed in the authors. The corresponding author must be added in the co-author section of the submission site. All abstracts MUST have a corresponding author.
- QUICKSHOT Presenters: you are required to submit a manuscript to the discussant; however, you are NOT required to submit a manuscript to the Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery.
- New in 2019: There will be two poster sessions, 70 posters will be presented on Wednesday, September 18th from 5:30-6:30 PM CST and 70 posters will be presented on Friday, September 20th from 11:00 AM-12:00 PM CST. If my abstract is chosen for a poster session, I understand that I will be asked to present at either of these sessions.
We can help the way your association works. click here. Website Design and Management by: